He Will Bring Us Back to Our Land


Fig fruit free stock photos download (2,549 Free stock photos) for ...
Fig fruits
Today's reading: Jeremiah 24 (NIV)

It's funny how this coronavirus pandemic has led to a revamp of many latent talents in people. For one, I used to blog and write weekly/daily posts on various issues, a long time ago. I had even forgotten I used to blog! But I am back, but not of my own strength, God has helped me.

I plan to be doing daily devotions from my Bible reading. I have gained a lot from the Bible and I would like to give back to someone who may have never read the passage I am speaking about, or can gain a unique view of the passage. 

Today's passage is from Jeremiah 24, which the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible entitles it: Two Basket of Figs. In this passage, Jeremiah saw two baskets of figs placed in front of the temple of the Lord. One had very good edible figs, the other had poor ones, that were inedible. God told Jeremiah that the good figs represented the exiles in Babylon, that He would bring them back to their land. The poor figs represented Zedekiah, his officials and survivors in Jerusalem. 

What struck me is what God said of the good figs, the people in Babylon:
‘Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians.[b] My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart." vs 4 - 7

God promised to bring them back to their land. He promised to give them a heart to know Him and with this heart, the people will return to Him with all their heart. 

Lesson: We too can be restored to our rightful inheritance in God. He can restore that which the locust has destroyed, what the current coronavirus has destroyed. If I return to Him with all my heart, I will be one of His people and He will be my God. He will build me up, He will plant me, the Almighty creator, the Ancient of Days, will be my God, what am I to fear?

This passage reminded me of the song: I want to know you more, by Don Moen, video below:



Prayer: My prayer is that I will return to the Lord with all my heart, that He will restore that which the locust has taken from my family. He will give me health, meet my needs and above all grant me peace. He will bring me back to where I belong, which is in Him.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Stand Your Ground Despite Opposition