Do You Want True Love?


True love is not a set of feelings.  True love is a commitment. True love is not something that just happens.  You CHOOSE to love.  

Lust can wait to get,
Love can't wait to give.

When you love someone, there should be an attraction.  That's part of it  There should be "feelings" - but true love is not the "feelings".  True love produces the "feelings' - they come from the decision to love someone. Love even when your wife/husband cannot share or show his/her feelings.  

If you want to have true love, just love like Jesus did.
    Agape love
    Love with no thought of return
    Love even when they can't show love
    Decide to love, don't wait on the feelings
    Determine to love.
   
The world's love (and lust) say...
    1. I'll love you if
          you'll love me
          if you'll do something for me
          if you'll make me feel a certain way
          if you'll respond the way I want you to
          if you'll give me what I want, etc.

    2. I love you because
            you own something or have something
            you act a certain way
            you look a certain way or
   
True love says
    I love you - period.  Not in spite of your faults, not overlooking your faults, but I love with your faults.  I love you period.  Not "if"  Not "because you'll do something or act a certain way". - but simply, I love you period. (Adapted from the Daily Encourager).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Will Bring Us Back to Our Land

How to Stand Your Ground Despite Opposition